Unlocking the potential of UPVC doors
Unlocking the potential of UPVC doors
Here it is! Your all inclusive comprehensive guide to understanding the benefits, features and versatility of the popular door choice of UPVC doors. UPVC doors have something to offer for everyone.
Whether you’re a homeowner looking for a practical upgrade with features such as durability and energy efficiency as well as extra security or if you’re looking for a new aesthetic, stylish look for our home. UPVC could be the perfect choice for you and your home. Keep reading for all the information you need to make your decision.
The benefits of UPVC doors
UPVC doors have a huge range of benefits that make them an extremely popular choice with homeowners all over the world. Here are some advantages of UPVC:
- Energy efficiency: UPVC doors have great insulation features that helps to keep your home warm in the winter and cool days and it also helps to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer days. This is because the material used to the UPVC doors has low thermal conductivity which helps to reduce the heat transfer which can in turn lower your energy bills.
- Durability: UPVC is a highly reliable material that is made to be resistant to problems like rotting, rusting and fading which makes UPVC doors a great choice. They are also able to withstand various weather conditions, including snow storms / blizzards, heavy rain and thunderstorms and also high UV exposure.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike doors that are made from more traditional materials such as wooden doors, which are very high maintenance, due to the need of sanding, painting or varnishing frequently, UPVC is low maintenance material that requires barely any maintenance at all. It doesn't require things like frequent painting, sanding or varnishing but it still has a high quality appearance and functionality.
- Affordability: It is known that UPVC doors are a generally more budget friendly option for a new front or back door for homeowners, especially considering the situation at this moment in time with prices of everything skyrocketing! UPVC doors are a great option for a new front/back door at an extremely reasonable price. They offer a great cost-to-performance ratio , which makes UPVC doors a great economical choice for homeowners.
Comparing UPVC doors and Composite doors
In this next section we will explore a comparison of features and benefits between the two doors, UPVC doors and Composite doors to evaluate the choice of the 2. There are a few points to consider when comparing the 2 doors and and here are a few:
- UPVC = UPVC doors are made from unplasticized polyvinyl chloride. This is a type of plastic that is lightweight and low cost which has good insulating properties.
- Composite = Composite doors are constructed by using a combination of different materials including wood, UPVC and GRP. This makes the Composite door a lot stronger, more durable and also highly energy and thermally efficient
- UPVC = UPVC provides decent insulation, which can help to keep a comfortable temperature throughout the home and reduce energy consumption.
- Composite = Composite doors are great for insulation due to the composite door having multiple layers of different materials.
- UPVC = UPVC doors have multi=point locking systems built into them which makes it harder for someone to break in and makes them more secure doors.
- COMPOSITE = Composite doors are known for their security and the robust materials and high quality systems that they have which makes them highly secure, and the more secure option of the two.
Maintenance and Care
- UPVC = UPVC doors are very easily maintained and they require very minimal cleaning with just mild soap and warm water. AVOID using any abrasive cleaning products or abrasive materials when cleaning the doors down.
- Composite = Composite doors are also low maintenance with the same cleaning and care advice as the UPVC doors.
How to choose the right UPVC door
There are a few things that you should consider when choosing the right UPVC door for you, in this section of the article we will explore some of the different things to consider when choosing your UPVC door.
- Considering the style. When choosing your new UPVC door you should consider the architectural style of your home and consider a UPVC door that fits in with that style and has the same feel and aesthetic of the home or building. UPVC can also come in a wide range of colours so you will need to determine the ideal colour for you.
- Assessing the quality. When choosing your UPVC door you should choose a well known and reputable supplier and installation personnel to install and complete your work to ensure you get the highest quality product with the highest quality finish. Other things to consider for the quality of your door is the actual door itself once you have purchased it looking at the doors thickness, glass and the hardware such as handles, knockers and any letter plates you have chosen to ensure they too are of high quality.
- Understanding the costs of a UPVC door. When choosing the right UPVC door for you you should consider the cost implications of not only the door itself but the installation costs of the door. Remembering that UPVC doors are on the more affordable end of the scale compared to other doors such as wooden, aluminium and composite however the pricing can still vary depending on the design, glass and other features such as handles and knockers.
Maintenance and care for UPVC doors
As mentioned earlier in the article maintenance and care for UPVC doors is very easy but also very important to help prolong the doors lifespan and keep them looking brand new! Here are some more in depth maintenance and care tips for looking after your UPVC doors:
- Regular cleaning. Like mentioned earlier the doors do need to be cleaned every now and then to get rid of any dirt or dust that may have accumulated on them over time. This should be done with a soft cloth or sponge (non abrasive), a mild soap or cleaning products (non abrasive, again) and warm water. Making sure to include the corners and crevices for any extra built up dirt that may have gotten in there.
- Lubrication. Your UPVC doors will need to be periodically lubricated to ensure that all of the hinges and handles and locks run and operate smoothly without any squeaking or sticking. This should be done with a silicone based lubricant.
- Check the seals and weathertripping. Every now and again you should check the doors seals and weatherstripping to make sure they are in a good condition and ultimately doing their job properly. If they are damaged or worn out they can affect the doors insulation and weather resistance.
- Maintaining the hardware on your doors. Everything mentioned in the first sentence, you should check on the hardware on your doors such as handles to make sure they are functioning properly and you can use them with ease. Things like slamming doors can put strains on your hardware and cause things like the handles and hinges to become loose. So by maintaining your hardware, tightening loose screws and bolts will ensure smooth running and operation.
Liniar, Our primary supplier for UPVC doors
Liniar provides the most up-to-date brand of UPVC profiles on the market. They focus on research, development and design, the Liniar range pushes the boundaries of the industry when it comes to product innovation. All Liniar products are guaranteed, designed and manufactured in the Uk and all of their products have been subjected to quality standards and have accreditations!
Energy efficiency in Liniar UPVC products
Liniar have lead-free, multi-chambered profiles, patented co-extruded bubble gaskets, glazing flippers and thermal dams! All of these features help towards their energy efficiency and triple glazing isn't always needed to achieve high energy ratings, the Liniar systems achieve a WER of A+ and have a U-value of 1.2 with cost effective double glazing. All this helps to reduce your carbon footprint and retain heat.
The UPVC profile in a Liniar door
The multi-chambered design of a Liniar profile allows for it to be way more energy efficient than other UPVC window suppliers with their A+ energy rating, cost effective double glazing and the ability to create carbon neutral dwelling by adding triple glazing!
Extra security with Ultion locks
There are many features that ensure extra safety with Ultion locks such as having the UK’s thickest key and having one key for all locks. Over one million homes in the UK use Ution and Ultion also offers a £2,000 security guarantee and Ultion also has over 7,000 reviews on Trustpilot gaining them a 4.5/5 star rating.
Ultion locks are a great way to keep your home that extra bit secure. On the inside of every Ultion 3 * and 3* PLUS door locks there is an extra hidden lock, which gives your doors and your home another extra layer of protection and security against intruders. Ultion locks also have a lock down feature which due to the hidden lock, there is a retaining pin and the lock down lock is triggered when signs of forced entry are detected to the door which means that even in the attempt of a break in you, your home and your family are all safe.
Conclusion: Why choose UPVC doors?
To finish our article here, choosing UPVC doors is a decision that brings multiple benefits to homeowners, making them an excellent investment to any property including yours. Throughout this blog article we have discussed the different benefits, features and designs that UPVC doors can bring you. It has been made evident that UPVC doors are a great choice when you’re looking for a practical, secure and beautiful front door.
Transform Your Entrance with Our Expert UPVC Door Installation!
Considering all the remarkable benefits of UPVC doors – energy efficiency, durability, low maintenance, and affordability – isn’t it time you upgraded your home's entrance with this excellent choice?
Whether you are seeking enhanced security, a refreshed appearance, or improved insulation, our UPVC doors are tailored to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Our experienced installation team is committed to delivering a seamless, professional service, ensuring your new door is a perfect fit for your home.